Tipi Spaces are a family business based in East Devon. Though this is a young and dynamic company, our Directors’ have over 40 years’ combined experience and expertise in luxury event management, business consultancy and complex project management. We are the first tipi hire company to offer ivory-white tipis in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset with ambitions to grow in the next couple of years. We manage and supply Nordic tipis for weddings and events all over the West Country and have a busy season of events lined up for 2022 and beyond.
Join our team!
We love what we do and are looking to grow our team with other equally enthusiastic people. A strong, well trained, cohesive and cooperative team is vital to our success so we place high value on loyalty and commitment. Our clients have high expectations and so do we. We pride ourselves on our close attention to detail, delivering an exceptionally high-quality service and product, efficiently and safely. We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people who take pride in their work to help us deliver some amazing events.
Looking for a job in Devon?
Ideally you will have some experience in marquee or tipi construction but we welcome applications from anyone who is prepared to work hard outdoors in all weathers, is health and safety conscious, focused and attentive, cooperates well in a team, is willing to learn with a great sense of humour. In return you will have the opportunity to work in a fun, outdoor environment, in some beautiful parts of the West Country and be rewarded with competitive rates of pay according to your skills and experience. We are passionate about personal development and offer opportunities for training and learning new skills in all aspects of our business.
- To report to our Operations Manager and work closely and cooperatively in a team.
- To carry out the successful delivery, installation and de-rig of our luxury tents and tipis.
- To carry out the installation and dismantle of flooring, lighting, fixtures and fittings.
- To assist with the manual loading and unloading of tents, tipis and equipment.
- To assist with the maintenance of tents, tipis and equipment.
- To continuously maintain a high standard of work and attention to detail.
- To conscientiously follow all health and safety procedures.
- To take pride in representing Tipi Spaces on client sites and liaise with and communicate sensitively with clients, colleagues and contractors.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness and good stamina is required
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety at work
- Respect for safe working practices and ownership of their safety and the safety of the whole team
- An ability to work well in a team
- An ability to focus on the end goal
- A good sense of humour
- A tidy appearance
- Customer focused
- Polite and courteous
- Able to communicate clearly and confidently and challenge with respect
- A positive and collaborative person
- A calm and confident demeanour
- An ability to take ownership of their role and show initiative
- A willingness to learn
- Open to continuous improvement
- An understanding of the difference between efficiency and taking short cuts
- An interest in personal development
- Reliable and punctual
- An ability to listen and take direction
- An ability to follow processes and procedures
- Availability to work from March through to October.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Evidence of ability to learn, retain information and follow instruction.
- Good communication skills.
- Aged 18+
Non-essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence
- Comfortably working at height
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience in tipi or marquee construction
- Work experience in events, construction, factory or warehouse role
- Team leadership experience
- Experience of having to take responsibility for your personal health and safety and those of your team.
- Experience of working to a strict deadline, safely and efficiently.
- Customer service experience.
- Maths GCSE
- Vehicle towing experience